We are excited to announce that Elite Sports Club-Mequon is building a new specialty outdoor boot camp & obstacle course training area! The equipment (detailed below) will be offered as a part of personal and small group training to our members. This is something many of our members have been asking for and we are happy to be able to provide such a unique outdoor space to really help members enhance their fitness and athletic ability. We hope this setup will not only be able to help members get in shape, but also help prepare them for the very popular obstacle course adventure races such as Tough Mudder, Muddy Buddy, Warrior Dash, and Dirty Girl. We look forward to showing you the progress of the build in the coming weeks with hopes of offering classes by our next small group training session!
Now to the good stuff! As far as the space itself, it is going to be broken up into 3 different areas, so for clarification we will call these Area 1, Area 2, and Area 3.
Area 1 – located south of the air conditioning unit
Area 1 will be composed of 4 specific structures, tires, a bench, dip bars, and a rebounding wall.
- Tires – We are going to have 2 tires standing up on end, buried about 2/3 the way into the ground. These will primarily be used for pounding with a sledgehammer.
- Bench – This is going to be an 8ft long bench, that will be about 3-4 feet wide, and 20 inches tall. We will primarily use this for doing box jumps, step-ups, and incline push-ups.
- Dip Bars – These will be 2 parallel bars that will be about 3-4 feet tall and 2-2.5 feet apart, and will primarily be used for triceps dips and core work.
- Rebounding Wall – This will be on the re-enforced side of the wall surrounding the air conditioning unit, used for doing medicine ball slams.
Area 2 – located just north of the air conditioning unit
This will be our largest and most noticeable section of the Boot Camp area. This will be where we have the pull-up structures, monkey bars, and over-under logs
- Pull-Up Structures – We are going to have 2 6x6x10 structures with pull-up bars on each side. There will also be a climbing rope attached to the top in the center of the unit and battling ropes on the bottom.
- Monkey bars – The Monkey Bars will be 10 feet long, connecting the 2 pull-up structures. We will also be able to attach TRX units to these for doing different TRX exercises. On each end, we are going to have a high rebounding target for doing medicine tosses.
- Over-Under Logs – We will have 5 different logs of varying height that will be between 6-8 feet long and anywhere between 3-5 ft tall.
Area 3 – located just north of area 2 on the other side of the emergency door for the tennis courts
This area will be where we will have the power sled and agility tires.
Areas 1 and 2 will be covered with wood chips, while area 3 will be grass. We will be building a fence around the air conditioning unit to protect and beautify it.
If you are interested in more information on the new boot camp/obstacle course outdoor facility or just in training in general, please contact us using this form. We also encourage you to subscribe to our fitness & training emails to stay in the know about what training programs we are offering.
Are you signed up for any obstacle course adventure races? Which ones and how are you training for them? Tell us in the comments!
This information is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. All material in this article is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise, or other health program.