Eric Wahl is a group exercise instructor and personal trainer out of our Brookfield location. Learn a bit more about him, his favorite parts of teaching fitness, and his favorite exercises.
Meet Eric Wahl:
1. What classes do you currently teach?
I currently teach Circuit Training, Cardio Bootcamp, and Core 30.
2. How long have you been teaching group exercise?
I have been teaching group exercise for a little over a year now.
3. What made you want to start teaching group exercise?
I started teaching group exercise because I’ve always wanted to help people reach their health and fitness goals. Teaching group exercise allows me to do this on a larger scale.
4. What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)?
My favorite part about teaching class is when members come to class nervous and leave loving the class.
5. What your favorite song or style of music to teach to?
My favorite style of music to teach to is anything that is upbeat, energetic, and keeps members moving.
6. What is your favorite exercise to do in your class?
For those members who take my Cardio Bootcamp class, I believe they would say my favorite exercise is suicide drills and burpees.
7. How do you stay active outside of your own classes?
When I’m not teaching my classes, I try to stay active by getting my own workouts in at least 4 times throughout the week.
8. What else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
During my free time, I like to play basketball and golf. Also, I love the outdoors, so I like to camp, hike, fish, and canoe.
9. What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
Keep moving, push yourself, and most importantly have fun!
10. What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life?
If you truly want to make a healthy change in your life, focus on one thing at a time. Whether that one thing is working out twice a week or adding a vegetable to dinner, make it a priority!
Have you taken a class with Eric Wahl or worked with him as a trainer? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own success story!
This information is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. All material in this article is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise, or other health program.