Melissa Abramovich has contributed quite a few articles to the Elite Sports Clubs blog over the years. And although by now you may know a lot about her fitness philosophies, you may not know much about HER. So, here’s your chance to get to know a bit more about Melissa and find out how she got started as an instructor and a personal trainer.
Meet Melissa Abramovich:
1. What classes do you currently teach? Pilates, Core, Yoga, Burn and Firm (strength interval class), Barre, Spin/Cycle, Cardio Kickboxing, and Strength
2. How long have you been teaching group exercise? 16 years
3. What made you want to start teaching group exercise? When I was losing my weight (150#), I noticed many people would come in to a class and give up halfway through, never to be seen again. I desperately wanted to tell them, “Hang on, you can modify the exercises! Stick with it, it’s worth it!” The only way to encourage others as much as I wanted to was for me to become the instructor.
4. What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)? The energy you get from your participants.
5. What your favorite song or style of music to teach to? I like a wide variety of music, and change up my playlists every week. I choose based more on the speed of the music (bpm) necessary for the class, and vary the style.
6. What is your favorite exercise to do in your class? Push ups. They are so efficient!
7. How do you stay active outside of your own classes? I love to ride my bike outside and walk with my dog, Ollie.
8. What else do you enjoy doing in your free time? I make jewelry, paint, sculpt, and enjoy going out for dinner or a movie.
9. What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time? Hang in there. Exercise is the fountain of youth, but the first few weeks can be tough as your body adjusts. Stay with it, the results are worth it. Be consistent and keep coming!
10. What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life? Change requires determination and perseverance. You can do it, but you need a plan, and a willingness to do the work necessary.
Have you taken a class with Melissa or trained with her? Tell us about it!
Keep an eye out for Melissa Abramovich in the November issue of Milwaukee Magazine‘s “Most Fit” feature too!
This information is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. All material in this article is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise, or other health program.