Monica Larson is relatively new to the Elite Sports Clubs team at our Brookfield location. She joins us as a personal trainer, but also teaches some of our complimentary classes as well. So, let’s welcome Monica to the clubs and get to know her a bit better!
Meet Monica Larson:
1. What classes do you currently teach? Bag Beat Down (group training program), as well as complimentary classes Spin and Bootcamp.
2. How long have you been teaching group exercise? 20 years (Wow, I feel old!)
3. What made you want to start teaching group exercise? Bringing people together to work for a common goal, to get healthier while having fun!
4. What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)? The energy that comes out of people and out of me.
5. What your favorite song or style of music to teach to? LOUD!
6. What is your favorite exercise to do in your class? One, that I can push my members harder than they think they can.
7. How do you stay active outside of your own classes? Practicing what I preach, preparing my workouts.
8. What else do you enjoy doing in your free time? Watching my kids play sports, walk my dog, relax with friends, golf, softball, tennis.
9. What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time? I introduce myself, get their name, hopefully relax their nerves a little with humor and prepare them for a fun and “harder than you think you can handle” workout.
10. What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life? It’s all about baby steps, from what you put in your mouth, to how hard you exercise. If it was easy everyone would do it! A healthy lifestyle takes consistency, dedication and patience. We are all stronger than we think we are and can push ourselves so much more than we think we can!
Have you taken a class with Monica Larson? What did you think? Tell us about it in the comments or share your own success story using the link below.
This information is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. All material in this article is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise, or other health program.