Some of you may know Sarah Sullivan as the Aquatics Director at our Elite Sports Club – River Glen location. She’s actively involved in the maintenance and scheduling of the indoor and outdoor saltwater pools, and manages all of our lifeguards and swim lessons at that location. Somehow between all of that, she also finds the time to teach some of our aquatic group exercise classes as well!
Meet Sarah Sullivan:
1. What classes do you currently teach?
I currently teach H2O Blast.
2. How long have you been teaching group exercise?
I’ve been teaching water aerobics for about 5 years.
3. What made you want to start teaching group exercise?
I’ve been working in aquatics for 10 years and enjoyed watching the water aerobics classes while I was lifeguarding. I decided to give teaching a try and loved it!
4. What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)?
My favorite part about teaching is when the participants tell me they got a really good workout.
5. What your favorite song or style of music to teach to?
Mainly I use oldies music because that’s what the participants love. If they’re enjoying the music, then I’m happy.
6. What is your favorite exercise to do in your class?
My favorite exercise is anything using the aqua dumbbells.
7. How do you stay active outside of your own classes?
I like to swim laps, attend Nicole’s Pound class, use the elliptical, and take my dogs for long walks at the dog park.
8. What else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I enjoy playing with my two pugs, Samson and Carl. I also love to watch movies!
9. What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
Always go at your own pace and listen to your body. You can make the class as hard as you want.
10. What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life?
I tell people to attend group exercise classes to get to a healthier point in their lives because they’re motivational and fun. Also to stay away from fast food!
Have you taken a class with Sarah Sullivan? Share your experience with us!
This information is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. All material in this article is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise, or other health program.