Yanna Scritchfield is a licensed massage therapist in the SMART Clinic at Elite-North Shore. She specializes in therapeutic massage, prenatal and postnatal massage, as well as relaxation. Additionally, she is skilled in kinesio-taping and trigger point release. Learn more about Yanna and her massage therapy background!
Meet Yanna Scritchfield
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
- How long have you been working in the health/fitness/tennis industry and how long have you worked at Elite?
7 years doing massage, less than a year at Elite
- What made you want to start working in this industry and/or for Elite?
Massage is such an important part of your health. I like working with people who are active and I enjoy being in such an active, upbeat environment.
- What is your favorite part about your job?
I love seeing clients progress from having less pain but also being able to help them relax and be less stressed. Not only is massage great for physical pain, it helps improve mental health as well.
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club that are health/fitness/tennis related?
I love rollerblading, biking, walking my dog, and cardio exercise.
- What has been your biggest personal struggle with health/fitness/tennis?
My biggest struggle is being consistent with keeping a workout schedule, but I always strive to maintain an active lifestyle.
- What has been your biggest personal accomplishment with health/fitness/tennis?
I always make sure I do something active every day, even if it’s just taking a walk.
- What advice do you give people who are coming to the club for the first time?
Come get a massage, especially if you’ve never had one before! It’s a club feature often overlooked and people appreciate it once they’ve tried it. 🙂
- What advice do you give people who are struggling to make health/fitness/tennis a priority or are getting bored/burned out?
The days that are the hardest are the days you need to push harder to get it done. Try something new, work out with a friend and/or find ways to make it fun. When it starts to get boring is when we stop going.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life in general?
Massage is a great way to improve every aspect of your body. Making sure you take time for yourself is very important for your physical and mental health.
Have you gotten a massage from Yanna Scritchfield? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!
This information is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. All material in this article is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise, or other health program.